Boat Dives in Plett
Plettenberg Bay has a variety of spectacular shallow reefs only a 5-minute boat ride from the beach. These shallow sites showcase the colour and beauty of Plett diving and the beauty of the Eastern Cape reefs. The Sea fans are draped in Basket Stars and groups of Shysharks rest in the rocky crevices. Large Red Roman, Zebras and Blacktail share space with numerous species of nudibranchs, orange wall sponge and purple soft coral making for a fireworks display of colour! Our most popular dive site is Jacob’s reef characterised by a large pinnacle and spectacular wall dive covered in soft corals.
The choice of shallow dive site will be decided on the day based on the weather and sea conditions.
Price: Shallow Boat Dive, R600 excl. hire of equipment
Boat Dive Facts:
- Min Dive Qualification: Open Water or Equivalent
- Min Temperature: 16 degrees Celsius (June/August)
- Max Temperature: 20/22 degrees Celsius (December/January)
- Depth (in meters): 6 – 18m
- Visibility (in meters): 4 – 20m+
- Recommended wetsuit: 5mm or 7mm and hoodie